Bid the Excuses Goodbye- Leafy Greens are All You Need to Lead a Healthy Life!
We get it- life nowadays is super hectic and, with the hustle-bustle of everyday life, self-care often gets pushed back to a dark corner of your everyday routine, from where recovery is extremely difficult, if not impossible.
Another impossible thing is overstating the boost of minerals and vitamins that come with every leafy green you could possibly think of. What’s more, is that they also contain a packed punch of phytonutrients, which act as natural health boosters, inflammation fighters, and antioxidants.
Leafy greens are one of the greatest gifts nature has to offer (even though they might not taste like it sometimes). We’re aware that even with the global vegan and healthy lifestyle trend, many people are still not convinced about just how beneficial leafy greens are for the human body so, here are our top 5 reasons why you should make leafy greens your best friend today;
1. They protect from diseases like Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Cardiovascular disease, etc.,
2. They help boost weight loss,
4. They enhance eye health,
5. They act as heart muscle aid.
Greens you should start incorporating into your diet;
If you’re an active and concerned parent, or just generally a health nut, these vegetables might be frequently featured on your plates. Some of them, however, might not be so familiar to you.
Consider this our way of acquainting you with these amazing, worthy of mentioning dinner treats.
– Arugula: This spicy salad green is one of the best sources of antioxidants like glucosinolates, and Vitamins A and K, which provide protection against cancers of the lung, colon, breast, prostate, etc. You might also know this vegetable as ‘rocket’, which is a much more apt name if you ask us.
– Beet Greens: As is obvious from the name, this is the green leaf attached to your beets that you are habitual of throwing away and we’re here to tell you to stop doing that. One cup of these boiled greens contains 580% of your daily requirements of Vitamin K, 40% of daily Vitamin C requirements, and 61% of daily Vitamin A requirements.
– Kale: Here comes another anti-cancer green, with 19 mg of Vitamin C, 49 mcg of Vitamin A, and 80 mcg of Vitamin K in every cup-full.
– Matcha: You are probably very habitual of having this if you’re frequent coffee shops or cafes regularly, as a powdered form of this green is usually added into iced teas, smoothies, or green teas.
– Moringa: This green is one of the best sources of phytosterols and phytonutrients, which give the plant its anti-cancer, anti-diabetic, and anti-inflammatory capabilities.
– Spirulina: Mostly available in powdered form like Matcha, this green is super rich in iron, protein, antioxidants, and copper.
Since all leafy greens are powerhouses of wellness and nutrition on their own, it doesn’t matter which ones you are habitual of eating (or drinking), as long as you ensure that you’re fulfilling your daily veggie requirement.
More in Health & Well-being
Did you Know the Major Causes of Lupus? Learn More About this Hard to Diagnose Disease here
While speaking of diseases, people typically don’t take into account how difficult some might be to spot. When going through a...February 7, 2021
All You Need to Know About a Heart-Healthy Diet
Heart diseases are the leading cause of death for people in America compared to the other causes, as revealed by the...February 5, 2021
Is a Vegan Diet as Good as They Say?
Is going vegan really the best idea? Well, that’s a tricky question, and the debate on this topic can never end....February 5, 2021
3 Valuable Ways to Support Your Partner During Depression
Does your partner seem to be on edge from the past few days? Are there any changes in their sleeping habits?...February 3, 2021
Can Cancer Be Prevented? Experts Say These Methods Can Help
Have you come across headlines like: “Slash your risk of cancer in half” or “Cancer prevention diet”? TBH, we’ve all seen...February 3, 2021
OMG! These Delicious Foods Are Getting You Sick. Bet You Didn’t Know about Number 3!
Food is essential to human life. But as crucial it is, unless you eat healthy food in the right quantity, it...January 22, 2021
If You Like Naps, you’ll Love This – The Ultimate Napping Guide That Won’t Disrupt Your Sleep
Who doesn’t like a good daytime nap! Most of us have to wake up early to get our kids to the...January 13, 2021
Are You a Victim of Gaslighting? Here Are Tell-Tale Signs That You Are Being Manipulated
Gaslighting is never acceptable from any angle, and for psychotherapists, it’s a serious matter to be dealt with. It happens when...January 4, 2021
Genetics Isn’t the Sole Reason You Have Depression — Here Are Other Contributing Factors
Have you ever wondered why some people are depressed while others aren’t? Millions are affected by this mental health problem and...December 30, 2020