Ever Heard Of Mindful Eating? Here’s What It Is & How It Can Help You
With the increased buzz around better eating habits and healthier lifestyle choices, ,we hear of a new fad taking over the world every other day. And while many new concepts are floating around, what’s good is that among them, some have proven to show real health benefits. Just like “mindful eating.”
Mindful eating is a method that encourages you to deal with your dietary patterns more healthily. Among the people who practice it, the technique has shown great results in weight reduction, reduced junk-food addiction, and an overall feeling of wellbeing.
Join us as we introduce you to the best aspects of this diet strategy.
What is Mindful Eating?
The mere mention of the term “mindful” eating makes you correlate the diet strategy with consciousness. And it’s exactly that – keeping a close eye on the food and drink you consume.
The concept includes observing how your food makes you feel and the signs your body sends concerning taste, fulfillment, and totality. Many of us rush eating because of our bustling schedules. But what we don’t realize is that it affects our bodies since we don’t acknowledge how much we’re stuffing in. We often eat for reasons other than hunger – to fulfill feelings, ease the pressure, nervousness, etc. This is why mindful eating is important.
Mindful eating includes:
- Eating gradually and without interruption
- Eating just until you’re full
- Recognizing genuine hunger
- Figuring out how to adapt to food anxiety
- Eating only for the wellbeing
- Seeing the impacts food has on our sentiments
- Valuing food
Ways to practice mindful eating
Multitasking is good, but did you know that reading or looking at your phone as you eat hampers your “eating time”? Here’s how you can flip the coin and change your habit.
- Burgers, pizzas, and other restaurant-style delicacies may make you salivate, but in the long run, it’s best to stick with homemade fresh food since it’s healthier.
- Eat at places that don’t distract you. If you’re with a friend at a restaurant, yes, distractions are possible; but what’s on the plate matters too! Also, make sure you sit in the right posture not to put pressure on your digestion.
- Analyze how hungry you actually are. Are you in need or want of food? There’s a difference. If you’re simply craving junk, carefully mind it and stop the feeling.
- Appreciate the food in front of you by looking at its texture, ingredients, and other aspects. It will engage your attention while eating.
- Focus on your emotions while eating. Are you feeling the burst of flavor? Are you getting full? These questions will keep you in place and not rush eating.
Wrapping it up
Always try to consider what you’re putting inside your body closely. The food we eat has the power to control our weight and health and our mood and temperament. So read up some more on mindful eating, and start practicing it soon.
More in Mind & Mental
Bringing Nature Back into Urban Life
As the world progressed, the planet witnessed tall skyscrapers and concrete jungles, and everyone was catapulted into an industrialized and fast...March 30, 2021
3 Keys to Transform Your Relationship Into a Thriving One
How many times have you come across people who can’t stop complaining that they’ve lost “the spark” with their partner? Relationships...March 26, 2021
Finding it Hard Focusing on Tasks? Not with These Tips!
Have you ever had a task to finish but weren’t able to come around to actually finishing it? You get distracted...March 26, 2021
The Miles Tearing You Apart? Tips to Make a Long-Distance Relationship Work
Long-distance relationships aren’t easy, they say, but that doesn’t mean they’re impossible to maintain. Now, we know this type of romantic...March 26, 2021
Ashwagandha – The Magical Root That Has Been Treating Stress for 3,000 Years
In recent years, science has played a major role in opening people’s eyes to the wonderful world of botanicals. These gifts...March 25, 2021
How to Pick the Healthiest Bread
Over the past year, many people have successfully changed their lifestyles and are pursuing a healthy diet, coupled with regular exercise....March 24, 2021
Playing Your Part Towards a Greener and More Sustainable Tomorrow
How often do you think about the time it takes your food to travel from the fields to your plate? The...March 24, 2021
Divorce Attorney Shares 4 Tips Every Couple Must Follow Before Marriage
Getting married to the love of your life is a dream come true for most people. But, it’s also important to...March 23, 2021
If the Everyday Stress is getting Too Much to Handle, try Ashwagandha to Soothe Your Mind
The desire to excel in life has reached gigantic proportions in all individuals. And as if everyday work-life hustle wasn’t enough,...March 22, 2021