Ever Heard Of Mindful Eating? Here’s What It Is & How It Can Help You
With the increased buzz around better eating habits and healthier lifestyle choices, ,we hear of a new fad taking over the world every other day. And while many new concepts are floating around, what’s good is that among them, some have proven to show real health benefits. Just like “mindful eating.”
Mindful eating is a method that encourages you to deal with your dietary patterns more healthily. Among the people who practice it, the technique has shown great results in weight reduction, reduced junk-food addiction, and an overall feeling of wellbeing.
Join us as we introduce you to the best aspects of this diet strategy.
What is Mindful Eating?
The mere mention of the term “mindful” eating makes you correlate the diet strategy with consciousness. And it’s exactly that – keeping a close eye on the food and drink you consume.
The concept includes observing how your food makes you feel and the signs your body sends concerning taste, fulfillment, and totality. Many of us rush eating because of our bustling schedules. But what we don’t realize is that it affects our bodies since we don’t acknowledge how much we’re stuffing in. We often eat for reasons other than hunger – to fulfill feelings, ease the pressure, nervousness, etc. This is why mindful eating is important.
Mindful eating includes:
- Eating gradually and without interruption
- Eating just until you’re full
- Recognizing genuine hunger
- Figuring out how to adapt to food anxiety
- Eating only for the wellbeing
- Seeing the impacts food has on our sentiments
- Valuing food
Ways to practice mindful eating
Multitasking is good, but did you know that reading or looking at your phone as you eat hampers your “eating time”? Here’s how you can flip the coin and change your habit.
- Burgers, pizzas, and other restaurant-style delicacies may make you salivate, but in the long run, it’s best to stick with homemade fresh food since it’s healthier.
- Eat at places that don’t distract you. If you’re with a friend at a restaurant, yes, distractions are possible; but what’s on the plate matters too! Also, make sure you sit in the right posture not to put pressure on your digestion.
- Analyze how hungry you actually are. Are you in need or want of food? There’s a difference. If you’re simply craving junk, carefully mind it and stop the feeling.
- Appreciate the food in front of you by looking at its texture, ingredients, and other aspects. It will engage your attention while eating.
- Focus on your emotions while eating. Are you feeling the burst of flavor? Are you getting full? These questions will keep you in place and not rush eating.
Wrapping it up
Always try to consider what you’re putting inside your body closely. The food we eat has the power to control our weight and health and our mood and temperament. So read up some more on mindful eating, and start practicing it soon.
More in Mind & Mental
Moderna and Pfizer Vaccine Booster Doses Reach Clinical Trials – Will a Third Dose Be Necessary?
In light of the new and evolving variants of the novel virus, both Moderna and Pfizer are testing a third booster...May 21, 2021
Protective Measures That Can Eliminate The Need For Air Purifiers
Ever since 2019’s pandemic rattled the world, no doubt we’ve taken a lot of preventive measures to reduce the spread of...May 15, 2021
Virtual Therapy is Becoming the New Norm for Counseling—Here’s How You Can Get the Most Out of It
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to affect public health and economies globally, rising amounts of anxiety and distress have taken a...April 23, 2021
Parenting in the Time of the Pandemic: A School Psychologist’s Tips on Adjusting to the New Norm with Your Kids
Raising kids is already a tough enough job, more so in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic. Not only are you...April 17, 2021
Not Sure if a Person Likes You? Here Are Subtle Signs That Point to ‘Yes’
Deciphering if a person is into you or not is never a walk in the park. Several dates and hangouts don’t...April 11, 2021
Alicia Keys’ Skincare Routine Contains an Anti-Blemish Lotion with a Really Foul Smell!
Celebrities are expected to always look their best, a perception that is anchored on the unrealistic notion that their skin is flawless at...April 5, 2021
Here Are 6 Tips to Stay Fair When Fighting Your Partner
Okay, answer this one honestly! How many times have you fought with your partner? Well, obviously not just the boxing and...April 4, 2021
We Bet You Didn’t Know That Sleep Divorce Can Strengthen Your Relationship
Every person on this planet is unique in their own way. Everyone has different likings, preferences, and enjoy different things but,...April 2, 2021
Bringing Nature Back into Urban Life
As the world progressed, the planet witnessed tall skyscrapers and concrete jungles, and everyone was catapulted into an industrialized and fast...March 30, 2021