Ever Heard Of Mindful Eating? Here’s What It Is & How It Can Help You
With the increased buzz around better eating habits and healthier lifestyle choices, ,we hear of a new fad taking over the world every other day. And while many new concepts are floating around, what’s good is that among them, some have proven to show real health benefits. Just like “mindful eating.”
Mindful eating is a method that encourages you to deal with your dietary patterns more healthily. Among the people who practice it, the technique has shown great results in weight reduction, reduced junk-food addiction, and an overall feeling of wellbeing.
Join us as we introduce you to the best aspects of this diet strategy.
What is Mindful Eating?
The mere mention of the term “mindful” eating makes you correlate the diet strategy with consciousness. And it’s exactly that – keeping a close eye on the food and drink you consume.
The concept includes observing how your food makes you feel and the signs your body sends concerning taste, fulfillment, and totality. Many of us rush eating because of our bustling schedules. But what we don’t realize is that it affects our bodies since we don’t acknowledge how much we’re stuffing in. We often eat for reasons other than hunger – to fulfill feelings, ease the pressure, nervousness, etc. This is why mindful eating is important.
Mindful eating includes:
- Eating gradually and without interruption
- Eating just until you’re full
- Recognizing genuine hunger
- Figuring out how to adapt to food anxiety
- Eating only for the wellbeing
- Seeing the impacts food has on our sentiments
- Valuing food
Ways to practice mindful eating
Multitasking is good, but did you know that reading or looking at your phone as you eat hampers your “eating time”? Here’s how you can flip the coin and change your habit.
- Burgers, pizzas, and other restaurant-style delicacies may make you salivate, but in the long run, it’s best to stick with homemade fresh food since it’s healthier.
- Eat at places that don’t distract you. If you’re with a friend at a restaurant, yes, distractions are possible; but what’s on the plate matters too! Also, make sure you sit in the right posture not to put pressure on your digestion.
- Analyze how hungry you actually are. Are you in need or want of food? There’s a difference. If you’re simply craving junk, carefully mind it and stop the feeling.
- Appreciate the food in front of you by looking at its texture, ingredients, and other aspects. It will engage your attention while eating.
- Focus on your emotions while eating. Are you feeling the burst of flavor? Are you getting full? These questions will keep you in place and not rush eating.
Wrapping it up
Always try to consider what you’re putting inside your body closely. The food we eat has the power to control our weight and health and our mood and temperament. So read up some more on mindful eating, and start practicing it soon.
More in Mind & Mental
Get a Move On! Here’s How You Can Enjoy Fitness During The Pandemic
Let us be honest. At least half of us who were wrapped up in bedsheets lazily scrolling through social media during...March 8, 2021
Women Might Be More Prone to Heart Diseases Than Men – Here’s Why
The Internet is filled with information about the different ways to keep the heart healthy. And it’s only fair since the...March 7, 2021
Hayley Was Once a Cancer Patient – Now She’s Getting Ready to Go to Space!
Almost 20 years ago, Hayley Arceneaux laid in a bed at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, awaiting treatment for her bone cancer....March 5, 2021
3 Key Methods to Get Back to Your Lost Exercise Vibe
When we were young, running around playing tag was thoroughly for happiness. Little did we know that that level of activity...March 5, 2021
Tips On How To Exercise Safely Without Exerting Yourself
Exercise is not just about keeping your body in shape. It can also help with your mental and emotional health. Exercise...March 5, 2021
5 Tips to Help You Break Out of Unemployment
Unemployment has greatly increased after the COVID-19 pandemic, while the remainder of the world’s workforce has shifted its operations online. Finding...March 4, 2021
How to Kick-Start Your Career Post-Pandemic
The past year has been a tough year for everyone, especially for students of batch 2020. When you graduate, you are...March 1, 2021
Start Your Automotive Career with These Amazing Tips
Do you catch yourself wondering about cars? About how they work and what are the best pieces of equipment for them?...March 1, 2021
5 Tips to Overcome Pandemic Anxiety & Get a Good Night’s Sleep
When Coronavirus struck the world, everything went haywire. Irrespective of the age, the virus-infected everyone from children to adults and took...March 1, 2021