Bid the Excuses Goodbye- Leafy Greens are All You Need to Lead a Healthy Life!
We get it- life nowadays is super hectic and, with the hustle-bustle of everyday life, self-care often gets pushed back to a dark corner of your everyday routine, from where recovery is extremely difficult, if not impossible.
Another impossible thing is overstating the boost of minerals and vitamins that come with every leafy green you could possibly think of. What’s more, is that they also contain a packed punch of phytonutrients, which act as natural health boosters, inflammation fighters, and antioxidants.
Leafy greens are one of the greatest gifts nature has to offer (even though they might not taste like it sometimes). We’re aware that even with the global vegan and healthy lifestyle trend, many people are still not convinced about just how beneficial leafy greens are for the human body so, here are our top 5 reasons why you should make leafy greens your best friend today;
1. They protect from diseases like Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Cardiovascular disease, etc.,
2. They help boost weight loss,
4. They enhance eye health,
5. They act as heart muscle aid.
Greens you should start incorporating into your diet;
If you’re an active and concerned parent, or just generally a health nut, these vegetables might be frequently featured on your plates. Some of them, however, might not be so familiar to you.
Consider this our way of acquainting you with these amazing, worthy of mentioning dinner treats.
– Arugula: This spicy salad green is one of the best sources of antioxidants like glucosinolates, and Vitamins A and K, which provide protection against cancers of the lung, colon, breast, prostate, etc. You might also know this vegetable as ‘rocket’, which is a much more apt name if you ask us.
– Beet Greens: As is obvious from the name, this is the green leaf attached to your beets that you are habitual of throwing away and we’re here to tell you to stop doing that. One cup of these boiled greens contains 580% of your daily requirements of Vitamin K, 40% of daily Vitamin C requirements, and 61% of daily Vitamin A requirements.
– Kale: Here comes another anti-cancer green, with 19 mg of Vitamin C, 49 mcg of Vitamin A, and 80 mcg of Vitamin K in every cup-full.
– Matcha: You are probably very habitual of having this if you’re frequent coffee shops or cafes regularly, as a powdered form of this green is usually added into iced teas, smoothies, or green teas.
– Moringa: This green is one of the best sources of phytosterols and phytonutrients, which give the plant its anti-cancer, anti-diabetic, and anti-inflammatory capabilities.
– Spirulina: Mostly available in powdered form like Matcha, this green is super rich in iron, protein, antioxidants, and copper.
Since all leafy greens are powerhouses of wellness and nutrition on their own, it doesn’t matter which ones you are habitual of eating (or drinking), as long as you ensure that you’re fulfilling your daily veggie requirement.
More in Health & Well-being
Do Your laundry with Cold Water. Don’t believe us? Here’s what Research Says
Ok, be honest! Wasn’t the first question that came to your mind after reading that title – “how can there be...July 21, 2020
Did you Know the Major Causes of Lupus? Learn More About this Hard to Diagnose Disease here
While speaking of diseases, people typically don’t take into account how difficult some might be to spot. When going through a...July 21, 2020
So What if You’re Over 50? A Whole World of Job Opportunities Awaits You!
Around 50% of the global workforce consists of employees who are already in their 50s. People of this age group generally...July 17, 2020
Worried About That Odd Rash On Your Skin? It Just Might Be Sun Poisoning- Read More About It Here
Sun poisoning is the term used to describe a worsened sunburn caused by extended UV exposure. Although it’s prevalent in summers and...July 16, 2020
Prince Charles Exhibits True Royal Composure when Worker Faints in front of him During a Royal Outing
Prince Charles has become the poster boy for royal composure for his perfect reaction to a man fainting in front of...July 16, 2020
Supermom Princess Sofia Shares Personal Photos of her Toddler Boys on Staycation During the Pandemic
You may have an idea of the royal family in the United Kingdom, with the likes of Queen Elizabeth, Prince William,...July 15, 2020
Did You Know you Could Turn Your Gardening Passion into a Career? Check out How!
With the worldwide pandemic still prevailing, people are away from their offices and are spending more time at home. Most have...July 15, 2020
Is Your Sunscreen Causing You More Harm Than Good? Here’s How You Can Tell If It Is Safe to Use With Tips From Dermatologists
The sunny season is finally here! Deposit Photos | Woman enjoying a serene sunny day at the beach And, as such,...July 9, 2020
Too much Stress Bothering You? Try out These Expert Suggestions to relax Everyday
Most of us are trapped in the prison of stress, anxiety, and depression due to the ever-increasing materialistic rat race in...July 8, 2020